Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Re-entry

Seems to me that re-entry is not my strong suit. I always used to find that when I returned to HK after time away. And now I am finding it here.

The landing was superb. We checked in for our flight to find that we were seated in Premium Economy and had access to the Lounge before boarding! I was so glad we arrived early so we could make the most of it. We celebrated our journey home with a glass of bubbles - mine being champagne and Shae's sparkling water. We did it with style!


Monday night was brilliant. Family dinner (a very big pizza!), bath time, bed time, wine time....

Tuesday morning was also great - showing off our new little pink girl to our school family. All great.

But Tuesday afternoon's checkup wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. Don't get me wrong, in general Shae is still exceptionally good, but her x-ray and echo showed a new (small - relatively) collection of fluid in her right chest cavity. And her oxygen saturations had started to drop again. She is already on the highest fluid restrictions and doses of diuretics that they will allow, so basically all we can do is watch her and see how this progresses. As my mum pointed out, it is a real reminder of what a significant procedure Shae has undergone. That she is still healing from that, even though the wounds are already knitting themselves together into beauty spots.

I guess that the most frustrating thing about it is this - there is nothing I can or can't DO to help this situation. And that is where I must continue to lean on Christ and trust.

The good news is that even if a new drain needs to be put in, they can do it here at the WCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment