Friday, April 17, 2009

And all of a sudden...

Today! We're going home today!!!

We came in to 7west this morning to pick up our flight details and get the all clear to fly back to Adelaide. Drain sites looked good. Went to have a standard echo.

Next thing I knew I was taking Shae down for a chest x-ray, the surgeons were consulted, she was readmitted and I have just left her in theatre to have a new chest drain insterted. There was an effusion (build up of fluid) on her right side.

So, we are back in hospital for a while yet. Shae has been distraught since the news that we weren't going home. She is angry and extremely disappointed. And why wouldn't she be?

I am disappointed too.


PS But praise the Lord that we didn't go back on Wednesday and end up having an emergency transfer back! I can still find the silver linings.

No comments:

Post a Comment