Monday, April 13, 2009

Finish line in sight!!

Dear friends, Denby hasn't had access to a computer over the Easter long weekend so I am standing in for a brief update.

Asha, Ethan and I have just returned from a visit to Melbourne. It was wonderful to be together as a family again.

I am thrilled to report that Shae's final chest drain was removed yesterday. Today, post surgery day eleven, she will be discharged from hospital and join Denby in nearby accommodation.

Shae has a mild infection at the drain wound site, for which she is being treated with antibiotics. Apart from this, she seems to be in perfect health.

I will write more later but would like to thank each of you for your support and especially for your prayers. We have been humbled (astonished really) at the mercy and grace which God has poured out on our family on this leg of our journey. It has been a remarkable testament to the effectiveness of prayer.

In the hospital ward this trip I met the families of 3 other children who have undergone the same surgery as Shae. One was discharged from hospital a couple of days ago after a 3 month stay. To date the other two kids have been in hospital for six and eight weeks respectively.

I'm lost for words.

With much love and thanks,
Matt

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news Matty ... but you mighta mucked the posting - I can read it, but it's greyed out! What have you done? You could be disciplined over this!
    Bill

    ReplyDelete