Saturday, April 18, 2009

Fluid Update

I met Shae in recovery not long after she went under her anaesthetic. They had inserted a "pigtail drain" in her right side and when I got there the fluid was quite literally gushing out. After about 30 minutes the reservoir had collected 800mls!

All I keep thinking is "Thank goodness we didn't get on the plane with all that inside her!". Imagine what the pressures in the aircraft could have done with that!

Shae is looking much better today. What I thought was just lethargy because of an oncoming cold and post-surgery recovery, was actually half her right lung squashed because of fluid buildup. Her oxygen saturations had dropped into the low 80's, but are now back up in the mid 90's.

Exquisite flowers arrived from Mia and Grandad this morning and now her room smells like a garden! It's not home, but it's safe and we are thankful.

I also managed to arrange a bigger room at Ronald McDonald House for the next time I can take Shae out into accommodation. It overlooks the park.

I keep mulling over Psalm 103 and thank God for all His concessions. God is good. All the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment