Today Shae has a slight case of the blues. This is typical.
Her fluid drainage is steady. She has had her central line and pacing wires removed. Very good.
We will attempt to go for a walk with Shae and the physio down the passage of 7 west. After that it will be time for Matt to head to the airport.
And all of a sudden, just typing this I feel a bit homesick and sad. Don't get me wrong, I feel well supported and energised and equipped through prayers and a couple of good nights sleep (Matt has spent the last two nights by Shae's bed so that I can be rested before he heads off. Thank you my man, you are amazing!).
Perhaps I will allow myself to have a little of the "Day 3 Blues" as well. I miss my Asha-bug and my little man Ethan. And I don't really know when I will see them again. They have had a wonderful week with Mia and Grandad. They are safe and loved and being ever so well cared for. This gives me great peace. But when I hear their little voices each night, I know they are starting to miss us too. It will be good for them to have their Daddy back.
Thank goodness it's Sunday! Tonight Shae and I can cosy up on her bed and watch the dancing and have a bit of chocolate. That ought to ease the blues a bit.....
Hope the dancing and chocolate worked a treat - chocolate is a miracle drug really. Sam says hi
ReplyDeleteDear Denby, although the weather here in HK is rainy reading your news is like sunshine came into the room and I can just imagine the two of you cuddling up in bed with chockies between you both. Amen amen for so many great news.
ReplyDeleteHugs and tks for the continuous up dates.
Odila
who wouldn't be alittle bluesy after all the excitement -are praying all the fluid moves on as it should and that she knows how special she is - chocolate and dancing or not? Was it you dancing or someone on television?? Just checking...
ReplyDeleteLove and laughs, Amanda