Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wet Wet Wet

Asha, Shae and Ethan got to bed a little late tonight due to prolonged outdoor water activities.

It is going to be 40 or so for the next 4 days here in Adelaide so I thought I ought to nurture the garden with some water so it could go the distance. The kids came out to watch after we'd finished dinner. Well, not really to watch - they came out and got absolutely drenched! They squealed with delight as the ran around on the grass not really trying to avoid the spray of the hose. It was lovely! Kids don't really get the chance to do much of that these days with our drought and water restrictions. And all I could think of was my own childhood - trying to remember a summer when we didn't run under the hose or sprinkler and get bee stings on our feet.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh Demby, I love seeing these sort of traditions or may be I should say habits from our own old days now happening with our own kids. This helps us know what their feelings and thoughts might be right at the time when they are doing whatever is that we used to do too, no?... Very cool. Love and hugs, Odila

    ReplyDelete