Last night we went to the Fern Avenue Community Garden where Mum and Dad a have veggie patch. We means our family, Mum and Dad, the Banks' and the Douglas's (ie my sisters, husbands, kids). We cooked woodfired pizzas in the pizza oven (yep, it was insane - 40 degrees+ with a wood oven going!). But we chased the shade and enjoyed the intermittent breezes.
And we feasted on gourmet pizzas.
And we celebrated a lazy mid-summer night in the garden.
The girls rode their bikes around the garden and up and down the street (now without trainer wheels - a new skill acquired just last weekend!). Ethan patted the resident bunny and a visiting cat and marvelled at the spiders. Creature heaven is what that boy was in!
And we felt sad at the thought of leaving it all behind when we head off on our new adventure on February 1st. Leaving again. Oh, my heart. How can we live with all these goodbyes? Perhaps only because we know that they will be followed by warm and rich hellos.
And today I broke (or maybe dislocated, I'm not sure) my toe. On my right foot (you know, the one that is most useful for driving). Of course, it happened on a Sunday afternoon, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to see a doctor. Might I add, for those of you who have never seen your toe pointing in a freaky and strange direction - it hurts. A LOT.
No comments:
Post a Comment