Shae, however, is enjoying having Mummy and Daddy all to herself. When we got to Melbourne yesterday afternoon we enjoyed a walk to the supermarket for milk and bread (and Breakaway chocolate...), before a little play in the park and dinner while watching "So You Think You Can Dance?". This morning when she woke up Shae looked at me and said "I had such a lovely afternoon yesterday". And I did too.
Today has been a little different, but also good.
We arrived at admissions at exactly 8:32am this morning and then proceeded to the 7th floor. Apart from the fact that I was missing the Emmalunga pram carrying a tiny Asha, we could have been back in 2004! Everything is very familiar, including many of the staff. While it is a bit bizarre, it is also strangely comforting. I know that God has walked these corridors with me many times before and I can feel His hand on us again now.
Shae has coped well with all of the tests so far (ECG, echocardiogram, height, weight, oxygen sats, blood pressure, chest x-ray) except when they took the blood samples. Then she let us know just how disapproving she was!!!
Her surgery is still listed for Wednesday, though that could change between now and then. We will need to arrive here at 6:45am on the day and even then it could be rescheduled. So we really are in "leave it in God's hands" territory - walking by faith and not by sight.
We have yet to see the cardiologist and surgeon today. Then we have the night off.
We have yet to see the cardiologist and surgeon today. Then we have the night off.
No comments:
Post a Comment