Today Shae and I visited the Women's and Children's Hospital to get final clearance for takeoff on Sunday.
We have tickets in hand and a nod from our cardiologist. It's really happening.
Yesterday we were not so sure....
Matt received a call just before lunch to say that the surgery had been delayed until April 17th. There have been some other patients who have not reached "discharge status" and so there was no space for Shae.
This was, both logistically and emotionally, a nightmare for us. How on earth would we manage this? What about time off work? What about our other kids? And Grandparents (who, might I say, all said they would bend over backward to support us however the situation ended up)? And....., and....., and..... And a week of lock down for no reason??? We pleaded our case with the cardiology unit in Melbourne while others pleaded our case before the Lord. And then we waited. And I went to bed and fell apart.
And then a miracle happened. They reenlisted our surgery date. You must believe me when I say that it was a miracle. THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. Cardiac surgery is rescheduled on a regular basis for all sorts of reasons that are beyond the control of everyone involved. So I can only believe that God opened the door for our family to walk the path as it had been originally planned.
The surgery may be pushed on by a day or two (though we will continue to pray for April1st), but it should happen next week.
I have realised through this that I have to let go of my expectations and plans for how this will all play out. It is better to learn this now, before we even take off, so that I can take each moment as it comes and allow God to work His healing in Shae in His perfect time. It is not easy as a parent to do this - especially when I need to leave my other littlies for a while. But I know that just as I am doing all I can to prepare, comfort, protect, provide for and nurture my children through this time, my Heavenly Father is so doing for me (and them too!) - and He is better at it, by far, than I am.
God will be with you! So will our prayers. Love you, Chantal & Co.
ReplyDelete