Today it was hot church.
Our church is refurbishing a new premises. It is a fantastic venue which, on completion, will be an awesome centre for worship, ministry and outreach in Wan Chai. It is a 10-15 minute walk from our apartment (quite considerate really). Today we had our very first Sunday service at the new premises. The demolition work is complete and we worshipped in an empty brick and concrete shell. It was fab! And it was hot (30+ degrees and 90%+ humidity). There wasn't air con or toilets in the venue. Like I said, it was a concrete shell. I wore my lightest summer dress and my most comfortable construction site heels. And I still sweated. But, praise the Lord, I didn't once feel like passing out!!!!
NB The children met for sunday school in an air conditioned venue nearby. They had fun and they were cool and safe - but I don't think they had as much fun as I did!
Photos please
ReplyDelete