Wednesday, April 21, 2010

So You Think You Can Dance?

Hmmm. This is a tough question. I certainly don't think I have what it takes to be Australia's or America's favourite dancer. That's for SURE. But the question I have is, when I get to the end of the day, or wake up at the beginning of a new one, do I have a reason or the inclination to dance?

That would be nice.

Anyway, enough philosophising. I am dance focussed again because we are just coming to the end of the American SYTYCD Season 6 and it is making me homesick for my Mum and Dad and family. When we arrived back in Australia at the beginning of 2008 my Mum told me that if I wanted to be in the know when it came to family conversations I might want to start watching this dancing show. I did. And I have been glued to every Australian and American season since. Except that I missed the latest Aussie season. It was starting just as we left for HK.

Last night I sat and watched the penultimate episode of the American season and I had a little silent cry as I missed my family and being able to share it with them. I love you and miss you all.

Thank you for introducing me to the dancing!

2 comments:

  1. Hugs to you dear Denby... I want to tell you that the feeling of missing people is a good one, because it means we have great and warm stories in our hearts, but honestly, when the lack of those people strike us.... we want no BS about that philosophy.... what we really want in those moments is to really have those people right next to us, right? So... all I can offer is a big hug and even it will have to be a virtual one!
    Much love, Odila

    ReplyDelete