Thursday, May 28, 2009

When I grow up

Last night at the dinner table our family conversation turned to career and life decisions.

Asha informed us that she would like to be a hairdresser and live here in Adelaide. I'm sure that if she does end up pursuing this career path she will make a lot of women feel like the princesses we all are inside. A noble cause indeed.

During our time in Melbourne Shae decided (after having watched Father of the Bride Part II quite a few times) that she would like to be an obstetrician. She loves babies and has always said that she would like to be a mum when she grows up. I think the labour scenes in the movie were enough to make her rethink her position and rather help other mothers get their babies out. I have told her that if she wants to, she could actually be both. She would also like to live in Hong Kong with Big Ethan (our friends, the Hunter's, son) as her husband. She said over dinner last night that she would visit us should we be living in Adelaide at the time. Today Shae asked me about my earrings and whether it hurt to have my ears pierced (to which I truthfully replied "Yes!") and she asked if she had to get that done. I told her that she might want to when she gets older, so she thought about that for a little while and then said "I don't want to have earrings when I'm an obstetrician"! She has herself all figured out then.

And then we came to Ethan. We asked him "What do you want to be when you grow up?" and he said "A pirate!". We all laughed and Asha said "No, do you mean a PILOT? You know, and fly the plane like Daddy?" At this point Ethan was the one who laughed and he said "NAH. I want to be a pirate!!!". Case closed.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely, Ethan, pirating is a great career!

    ReplyDelete